Thursday, February 23, 2006

Skiing

Tomorrow, I ski. I have it from good sources that there is no natural snow in New Hampshire, but I am going anyway. Thank you snow making.

I have not skied in at least a year. Not one trip last year and the year before that I think I went once. You may ask yourself, "So What?" I'll tell you what, I love to ski.

When I was in High School I skied every day, In College I was on the hill 3 or 4 days a week. The first couple years out of College every weekend. Then Children happened, babies at that, the skiing has come to a very abrupt hault. Needless to say I am excited about my oppurtunity tomorrow.

There is a very high price to my adventure, that price is Heidi's displeasure. The cost is so great that I sincerely considered not going. I can understand where she is coming from, not only do I get to escape to the realitive ease of a full time job outside of the house, I also get to pack up and head out skiing. She is trapped, there is no oppurtunity for her to head out on a moments notice. There is a beautiful 8 month old baby boy that is so dependant on her that she can't be away for more than four hours at a stretch. You can't experience much freedom in four hour stretches.

Taking all of this into consideration, I am still going skiing tomorrow, and I am going to have a great time.

Heidi, I will make it up to you and I love you.

Everyone else, look for me on the slopes. Yippee!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home