Monday, February 13, 2006

Snow

Got our first big snow of the season here on the North Shore of Massassuchetts. Sunday was spent if front of the fire playing with the kids. Sounds nice, however, Sunday lasted more than three hours and by mid-day they were itching for more.
Thirty mile an hour winds and driving snow sound like fun to me, but I can't bring a two year old out in it. The kid can't even keep his mittens on. Four years ago , I would have stepped into my, not cross-country, not downhill skis and spent the day climbing and descending various powder stashes. I know a whole bunch of places around where I live that need to be skied.

Even sledding is just barely manageable, neither kid can get back up the hill under their own power and both get cold quickly. I try not to do this, but I can't wait until they get a little bit bigger. I want to play in the snow! These kids are wrecking my fun! I want to play and they are holding me back. I find myself daydreaming about the jumps we are going to build, and the wipeouts, and speed, and the excitement. Then there is this thing called work. What a pain in the fun. Its cold outside today, but by this afternoon it will be reasonable. I could stuff the two oldest into their snow suits and drag them out to the hill. It would be great! I am at work, won't be home till dark, another oppurtunity for fun missed.

Have to wait until the weekend, hope the snow sticks around. If it does look out, the three of us will be racing down the hill whooping and hollering the entire ride down. Yippee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home