Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Carnival of Family Life

I got to work this morning, opened my email, and was pleasantly surprised. We sold some tutus, which is always nice and happens regularly and I was approached to submit some entries to The Carnival of Family Life. It was serendipitous, last week was the first I had ever heard of blog carnivals and this week I am invited to participate.

The problem I am having is that this particular carnival uses some type of pop up ad. When you want to leave a random web page comes up asking if you want to be a millionaire or entrepreneur or something. I got annoyed and emailed the woman putting the carnival together that I thought she had a good idea but I was not interested in exposing people to pop ups.

When I first heard of carnivals I went to a site and they had a long list of the different topics, none on parenting or family life. I think this woman has a good idea and I would like to be a part of it, the only thing holding me back is the pop up ads. Here are her sites, check them out and let me know what you think. The Carnival of Family Life and The Pink Diary

I like the idea of advertising on blogs, any type of "if you want it click here and get it" is good with me. It allows the person to make a decision. Please, take a minute and click on mine. I think my account is up to $15.00 or so, only eight hundred more clicks and I might get a check.

I emailed the woman expressing my feelings and look forward to hearing back from her. I don't think I will be returning to her blog or carnival until, unless the pop ups go away. What do you think? Anybody out there have any feelings on this subject? Am I over reacting?

P.S. The Pop-Ups have been cleared up and I have submitted.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hate the pop-ups. I'm with you on this one.

But I also hate the "Word Verification--

Type the characters you see in the picture above."

5:16 PM EDT  
Blogger Peter said...

The pop ups have been cleared up and I have submitted my first post to a carnival.

8:13 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! One more site pop up free! Thanks for making the internet a better place.

On the word verification thing, it's a necessary nuisance. I don't have one, and I'm getting buried in spam.

10:34 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home