Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A Nieces Baptism

Sunday we attended the newest baby to our clans Baptism, my sister and her husbands third child a beautiful little girl. The service was short and sweet, the babies soul was washed clean of Adams sins and now has a chance, in the Catholic Churches eyes, of getting to Heaven.

The formal part of the day over we headed back to my sisters house for the celebration. It was a beautiful day, 70 degrees and sunny. Lulu(my sister)'s house has a big back yard with an awesome swing set. Great for kids and good for me. The swing set keeps the kids occupied while I sit on my arse in the sun.

There was a moment during the afternoon that got the entire parties attention. The God parents of the christened baby have two children of their own, their youngest is a two year old boy with a decent sense of adventure. The child decided to descend the ladder on the swing set as you would a flight of stairs, facing away from the stairs, rungs. This technique is not recommended for two year old boys and the odds are, it will not end well.

The parents at the party all took note of the intended descent and began moving towards the swing set. My father being the closest was moving the fastest, he arrived just in time to catch the little boy on his first bounce. The little fella landed square on his face, he folded over so that his heels were touching the back of his head. My Dad grabbed him and hugged him, his mother was close at hand and scooped him out of my fathers arms to console him. The boy was back to his self in fifteen minutes and his mom had him back on the ladder. He had it mastered by the end of the evening.

The odd thing is, an hour later his five year old sister did basically the same thing. There was much less fan fair, she did a better job catching herself. Bad luck being a God parent that day.

Me, I had a wonderful time, the sun was out, the food was delicious and there was plenty of beer. The kids had a great time playing with their cousins, it felt like summer. I can't wait for summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home