Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A Conversation

It was at supper either Friday or Sunday night when Merry announced to the family:
"I am going to marry Thomas when I grow up"

To which I replied:
"You want to marry Thomas ..."

Merry:
"Yes"

Me:
"You don't want to marry David?"

Merry:
"No, I don't want to marry David! He doesn't listen! And he doesn't do what I say!"

At four years old she has figured out that a good husband listens and does what his wife says. Thomas is in for it, and Heidi has done a terrific job preparing my princess for a life of wedded bliss.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, sounds like she's becoming the pefect modern gal. It's funny how kids can be so like our present selves, and yet so different from our childhood selves. At least that has seemed to be the case for TV. It sometimes seems that the genetic material I have provided to my kid cannot be the same material I started out with, but it's deffinitely the stuff I have now. If you know what I mean.

6:24 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GUESS GRAMPY, HER KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR IS OUT OF LUCK.

NANA

8:07 AM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home