Friday, February 10, 2006

Valentine's Day

I have been instructed by Heidi not to spend any money on her for Valentine's Day. I smell a trap. Having set more traps than I can count, I know one when I smell one.

We are having a dinner party tonight and instead of flowers on the 14th, she wants a centerpiece for tonight. The centerpiece will happen. The question is: Do I get in more trouble for charging a gift for Valentine's Day or for not gifting at all?

Personally, society has me so programmed, that if I don't get her something for this contrived excuse to sell flowers, pajamas, or teddy bears, I will feel guilt. Imagine that, guilt, over doing as I was instructed. The main issue is, Heidi has control of all the money, I make it and hand it over. Therefore, if she says "don't spend any on me" I can't. Kind of makes me fell like a sissy, not being able to spend some money on my sweetie. That is an entirely different topic.

So, I find myself in a bit of a conundrum and I am running out of time to figure it out. Something heartfelt on a card, will that cover it? We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home