Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Different Lives

At this moment in time I have two young boys dancing naked in front of me patting their belly's chanting some unintelligible rant to a four four beat. Did I mention they are stomping their feet. This is so many universes away from where I spent my day that it is hard for me to fathom.

Today was a difficult day at the office, we lost a good client because of a lapse in management. Hey, I am management. I have seen this scenario play out in my head and have been expecting some sort of incident to happen. There are no good excuses, the reason are many and I am not going to go into them here. We will take today as a wake up call, I set the alarm a few weeks ago, but today got peoples attention.

The path we need to blaze will be difficult, change always is. Our business has grown and the old way of doing things simply does not keep time with the pace of our business today. You know what though? The three little kids inside the walls of The Old Blue House have no idea about my rotten day. Merry wants to be an "Everything Ballerina" David wants to tease his Mom, his sister,his brother and push as many of their buttons as he can find and Thomas wants a hug and to sit on my lap.

With three children their seems to always be one asking for a "No", but mostly they are happy and looking to laugh. I walked in the door today carrying a heavy load, seeing my children smile, laugh, tease and test brought me back to what matters. Family.

I will return to work, I will make the hard decisions, I will alter men's lives. There are growing pains to be negotiated and it is time to face them. We need to secure the future for "The Everything Ballerina" and the two naked, dancing, hooligans at the end of this desk.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Hopefully things will go fairly smoothly.

6:30 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home