Friday, August 18, 2006

Back To Crazy

As Reel Pursuit backed into its dock at Constitution Marine my phone wrung, it was Heidi wondering where I was. When I reminded her that I was fishing she informed me that I needed to get home and start the grill. Heidi bought salmon and it was my job to cook it.

Well, the boys on the trip were drinking the last of the beers and shooting the breeze and I started to feel rushed. No worries though, the party was done and it was time to get home.

Things were back to normal at my house, controlled chaos, lots of kids, toys and messes. I was right on time to start up the grill and cook the fish. It went great, Heidi had put together one heck of a spread, the children had already eaten and it was good.

During dinner there was a commotion outside that warranted my attention. I got up from my half eaten dinner and went to investigate. Not two steps out the door I was met by David who had some very bad news.

"Daddy, I pooped my pants".

"NOOOOOOOO"!

Luckily we were close to the hose, I pulled him over and rinsed him down. I have a very weak stomach, when we first had children I would change diapers wearing a respirator. Every encounter with poop that I have presents the possibility of vomit, dry heaves are a certainty.

I do not use this as an excuse, I do my diaper duty and I am not afraid. Heidi and Auntie Jen were watching me soak down my son out the kitchen window, when I vomited. I did not realize they were watching until I heard the laughter, they were stunned that my stomach was actually that weak. Happens all the time. Supper, for me was officially over.

Things at home are back to normal, crazy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man...that's intense. And not really that nice of them to laugh at your discomfort. It is incredible how we can explain things to our family but they don't always really understand.

11:19 AM EDT  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

At least you persisted despite your weak stomach. Ugh!

3:03 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm like that with other people's kids. With my own, it's a different story. I guess for you, poop is poop no matter who made it!

5:10 PM EDT  
Blogger twoboysmom said...

Oh, Poor You! Hubby wears rubber gloves and turns green when he has the job!

7:05 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home