Friday, November 17, 2006

The Tube

Heidi is off with the girls, the children are asleep, it is just me and a cold bottle of inexpensive(cheap) Chardonnay. The best part of this story is that I located the remote control a couple of days ago and I am free to surf the channels.

What channel did I find? What channel have I not been able to get away from all night? A channel I never heard of before. This channel is called The Tube. In the next room Marvin Gaye is "Getting it on" and I am mesmerized. Every time I go to surf away from this channel another song from the past or a great song from the present presents itself.

I feel like I am watching MTV back in 1982 or whatever year it debuted. The difference you may ask. No commercials, unbelievable. Some of the videos I watched tonight in no particular order include: Tom Petty, Bob
Seger, Billy Idol, Tina Turner with Ike, The Black Crows, Sheryl Crow, R.E.M., The Cure, Duran Duran, Bruce Hornsby, Steve Winwood, George Harrison, Pink Floyd and on and on. There are newer artists as well, I just can not remember the names of the whipper snappers.

Go congratulate the Dubya's on their newest edition and have a nice, safe weekend.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home