Thursday, November 09, 2006

Talking

At 16 months Merry could speak complete sentences. David had a very large vocabulary at the 16 month mark. Thomas has command of one all encompassing word.

"Mommy", when he wants his milk, when he wants to be picked up, when he wants to play ball, when he needs a hug, when he wants his brother to let go, when he wants his sister to stop hugging him.

Mommy is not a person, Mommy is a command. When Thomas needs something Mommy is the word he uses to get it. He looks up at me when I get home from work, he raises his arms towards me and with a big smile says "Mommy".

This makes me laugh out loud, every time. I tell him over and over that my name is Daddy but it has yet to sink in. Eventually I know it will but for now, the word Mommy is getting results and we all know that what matters are results.

Mom is not impressed and is working feverishly to expand his vocabulary.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's too funny! There was a time when I would be the picture of complete contentment if my now-three-year old were to do that. But that was waaay back then. Now (since he's discovered the pleasures of fully communicating with us) 'Mommy' is at the beginning and ending of EVERY sentence. Sometimes I'm not wure whether I'm coming or going!!

First time here, cute site!

1:50 AM EST  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

If I could get all my needs met with one word, I'd keep using it too.

7:17 AM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home