Monday, March 19, 2007

Crash

Just like the rest of the eastern seaboard we had one heck of a snow storm Friday night into Saturday. This Nor'Easter made for some prime sledding conditions and we took advantage of them on Sunday.

There is one stump on the sledding hill, it is located about half way down the slope and it is off to the sledders right. The plan was to send Merry and David down in the first sled with Thomas and I chasing close behind.

I got them set and sent them off with a big push away from the stump. Like a long, arching putt they went out and curved back around. It was almost as if the stump was a magnet and Merry's nose was steel. They crashed into the stump with enough force to launch David over Merry's head and the stump. Merry was not so lucky, instead of going over she went into.

My heart stopped, I could see it coming, I could not believe it but I knew from the way the sled was coming around back towards the stump that it was going to be close. I put Thomas down and started running towards the impact zone. Merry was shaken up but a "blood check" revealed nothing. She complained about her nose and lip, neither of which swelled up. David ended up 100 feet down the hill with out a scratch.

Thankfully everyone was alright. We sledded for the rest of the morning without incident. That first run scared the hell out of me though, and Merry and David too!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had quite a storm on Friday, too... and got still more snow last night. Where is Spring!?

I am so sorry about the passing of your dog. Losing my childhood dogs was heartbreaking. And I now have 2 dogs who are literally my babies... I cannot even bear to think of them not being around.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

10:15 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home