Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Summer

The family spent the day at the beach yesterday. This makes me feel so good I can barely stand it. The fact that my kids get to spend their summers at the beach is something I have always wanted to provide. I spent my summers at the beach and my fondest memories were formed there.

I returned from work and found all of the children in the tub having a great time. Their tan little faces showing the wear of a day in the sun. Being outside, running in sand, digging holes and building castles result in an easy bedtime. They could barely keep their eyes open at dinner and were plenty happy when bed time came around.

Deep down inside I get a little jealous of Heidi on days like yesterday. Then I think about the long cold winter and all of the rainy days cooped up inside and the jealousy fades/gallops away.

Heidi has a standing play date at the beach all summer with the Moms from Merry's preschool, if the weather is good and the greenheads aren't biting then everybody is going to the beach. How sweet is that? Plus Heidi grew up in our town and every mother that knows heads to the beach. It is a great chance to catch up with old friends and to make new ones.

My kids going to the beach makes me feel lucky.

5 Comments:

Blogger JenLo said...

That is awesome! I spent my middle school/high school years living a mile from the beach and I've never fallen out of love with warm days during the summer sitting by the ocean.

9:09 PM EDT  
Blogger Code Yellow Mom said...

"My kids going to the beach makes me feel lucky." That is the best thing I have read all day - such a great outlook!

10:59 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up that way too, there's nothing better. Summer=beach. BTW, those cuties look so much like you. So sweet, look at them!

1:44 AM EDT  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

What a great picture!

We live in the desert, so the beach is a true vacation. Went there last summer when Ian was 26 months old. He had a blast! Waves, sand, breeze, happiness.

9:11 AM EDT  
Blogger appleseed said...

Man! Tanned babies are always cute, especially when they are sleeping off a day at the beach!
I understand how great it is to live near a beach and hope you all get to go lots!!!
Banana boat has a great new spray on sunblock- much easier to get on squirmy kids!

10:40 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home