Thursday, June 08, 2006

Get Over It

Heidi's sister Jen arrives from Atlanta tonight for a girls weekend. I am relatively sure that we will not see much of Mom around dinner time and beyond. Will she be around during the day? That is the question. Unlike the stay at home Dad's out there I still feel anxiety over being left with the pack of kids for long periods of time.

One reason I like to pin this anxiety on is Heidi's constant reminders of how tough her job is. I don't experience the same level of anxiety when I am responsible for two, the addition of the third is what tips the balance for me.

The festivities begin tonight. When I get home Heidi is leaving to pick Jen up at the airport and then they are heading out. To where? I have no idea. Tomorrow I have to go to work and I am relatively confident that the second I walk in the door,at the end of the day, Heidi is going to be ready to walk out. I know I would be.

Saturday the girls have a limo set up for an evening in Boston. I am not sure of their agenda during the day. Sunday, Mom is going to need to sleep in and then get her sister to the airport. I keep telling myself that it could be worse. I could be my brother in law down in Atlanta with no mom in sight.

In reality I bet we see a lot of Mom and that it turns out to be no big deal. My imagination needs to get over it. I will look forward to the opportunity to hang with the gang and tackle the challenges as they arise.

Wish Me Luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home