Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Back In The Saddle

I have not been on the bicycle for 12 days. I have had different excuses. A couple of days I had a chest cold, it rained for a few days, some mornings arrived far to soon to get my ass out the door in time to ride and get to work. The rain is the only legitimate reason to not be out there.
I brought Merry to her Ballet class in Boston on Sunday morning. Merry has one special friend in the class and it happened that it was her father's turn to go to Ballet as well.
I decided to introduce myself, "Hi, our friends are daughters." He looked at me, as though he did not understand and I tried again. Hi, our daughters are friends." This time I got it right and a conversation started. I mentioned to him that I just started riding a bicycle. Turns out he has been riding for quite some time and we had a topic we were both interested in.
When I mentioned that I had not been riding recently and gave him my list of excuses, he told me to stop making excuses and get out there. That was exactly what I needed to hear.
I rode this morning, and I am getting the gear together I need to be able to ride until it snows.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home